This cemetery has always been known as the Brock Road Cemetery even though the cemetery is located east of Brock Road on Safari Road. This property started as a church cemetery of the Methodist faith.


In the year 1866 a group of men named as a Religious Congregation or Society of the Methodists were desirous of securing a site on which to build a church.  A site was picked May 9, 1866, the deed was given to the trustees for the sum of five cents.


The earliest interment noted is of Orr Burns, a native of Co. Down, Ireland, who died January 2, 1879 at the age of 43. 


A church was built on the site, but was later torn down in the 1950s, but the cemetery remains.

Commemorate the life of a loved one


Brock Road Cemetery offers full burial plots to help commemorate the life of a loved one. A full burial lot is able to hold one casket or four urns of cremated remains.

Photo Gallery