In 1860, a church was erected by the Carmel Methodist New Connexion congregation. It was located at the north end of a parcel of land on the western side of the 10th Concession East Flamborough. This parcel of land is about a quarter mile north of the 10th Concession East on the east side of Highway #6.
The church was closed in the 1870s and taken down, but a cemetery was also established on this parcel of land and still used today.
The cemetery is fenced on the front side and has fields or farm lands on three sides. The name Carmel is on a metal arch above the central walkway gate. There are two driveway gates, one near each end of the fence.
The earliest date, inscribed on a gravestone, is December 8, 1865.
Commemorate the life of a loved one
FULL BURIAL LOTS
Carmel Cemetery offers full burial plots to help commemorate the life of a loved one. A full burial lot is able to hold one casket or four urns of cremated remains.