STRABANE CEMETERY

In 1843 a parcel of land was donated by John Fraser.  A log church was constructed on that parcel in 1845 with the cemetery opening that same year. A pathway leading to the church was the dividing line for tiers of burial lots extending north and south. A parcel of land to the north was purchased and the church was rebuilt on that parcel in 1878 which still stands today. Additional land was purchased to the west to extend the cemetery.

 

The earliest recorded burial was of an eleven-month old boy, who died September 5, 1845.

Commemorate the life of a loved one

Strabane Cemetery offers numerous choices to help commemorate the life of a loved one. Choices include full burial plots, cremation plots, a scattering garden and niches in the columbarium.

FULL BURIAL LOTS
 

Each burial lot can hold one casket or can hold two caskets buried one on top of the other.  This depends on where the plot is and the discretion of the Cemetery Board.

CREMATION LOTS
 

A regular burial plot holds four urns of cremated remains. Each cremation lot (or columbarium) holds two urns of cremated remains.

SCATTERING GARDEN
 

For those wishing a natural approach, we have a designated area for the scattering of remains which can include a bronze plaque for the memorial wall.

THE COLUMBARIUM
 

Strabane Cemetery now offers a beautiful columbarium in a park-like setting for perpetual care of cremated remains. Click here for more information. 

Photo Gallery

IMG_0459
IMG_0490
IMG_0476
IMG_0531
IMG_0526
IMG_0525
IMG_0513
IMG_0516
IMG_0511
IMG_0499
IMG_0530
IMG_0484
IMG_0464
IMG_0465
IMG_0461
IMG_0509

Location

IMG_0484